Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Week in Geek: August 1-7

Hey, has it been another week already? Actually, it hasn't, because I was really late posting the last weekly roundup. But despite my attempts to slow time, I apparently don't actually have that superpower, so we do indeed find ourselves at the end of another week, which means another roundup of the best me-centric geek articles from around the interwebz.

Actually, once again, it's a bit of a slow week in the world of geek, so I'm just going to really bend the definition of the term and throw in a couple articles about topics that are only of marginal interest to your average geek: Curious George and Will Ferrell. But not, I want to stress, the Curious George movie that Will Ferrell did. Anyway, read those if you feel like it, but the main thing this week is my rundown of some of the comics I least want to see in adapted into movies. Check it out and see if you agree:


August 2 -- 'Curious George' to Monkey Around in New Reboot: Yes, for some reason they've already doing a reboot of Curious George even though it's only been like four years since the last version came out. Don't ask me why. I just report this stuff.

August 3 -- Will Ferrell's Next Comedy Will Be Entirely in Spanish: No, this headline is not a joke. Like most people, I'm a little burnt out on Will Ferrell right now, but I have to give him props for his commitment to a concept.

August 5 -- Comic Book Movies We Hope Never Get Made: I'm not going to lie: I actually do hope one of these movies gets made. I'm not saying which one, but one of these I would pay good money to see in a theater. This article, by the way, has over 20,000 hits so far and not one person has left a comment. That can't possibly be the internet I know and love so well, can it? Maybe I've just finally written something everyone can agree on.





Bookmark and Share

0 comments: